eCzech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The mascot for the 2012 European soccer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chickengold92

The mascot for the 2012 European soccer Empty
PostSubject: The mascot for the 2012 European soccer   The mascot for the 2012 European soccer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 am

The mascot for the 2012 European soccer championship co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine has been officially unveiled: a pair of footballing brothers wearing the jerseys of each nation.

Critics might say that UEFA and its design company Warner Bros. have hardly displayed originality, because the mascot for Euro 2008, co-hosted by Austria and Switzerland, was twin brothers "Trix and Flix."

But love them or hate them, the spiky-haired pair will doubtless make a small fortune in memorabilia and associated sales for the 2012 organizers and Europe's ruling body.

The use and marketing of commercially-designed mascots at major football competitions began in 1966 for the World Cup held in England, who beat West Germany 4-2 in the final.

Flushed by that success, the "World Cup Willie" mascot proved an immediate hit and helped swell the coffers of the English Football Association, so it was inevitable that the innovation was here to stay.

But while Willie is acknowledged to be a creative masterpiece, particularly for its time, others have been panned by the critics.

CNN has compiled a football team's line-up of them to compare the best and the worst in our photo gallery.

Feel free to add your own contributions in the comment box below.

breakingintothemusicindustry
kissing tips
Back to top Go down
lunamoonfang

PostSubject: Re: The mascot for the 2012 European soccer   The mascot for the 2012 European soccer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:43 am

The use and marketing of commercially-designed mascots at major football competitions began in 1966 for the World Cup held in England, who beat West Germany 4-2 in the final.

lifetime mortgages
Advanced Internet Marketing Company
Back to top Go down
lunamoonfang

PostSubject: Re: The mascot for the 2012 European soccer   The mascot for the 2012 European soccer I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:28 am

wholesale wall tapestry
Rolex Submariner Oyster replica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mascot for the 2012 European soccer   The mascot for the 2012 European soccer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mascot for the 2012 European soccer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
eCzech Forum :: Úvítací Centrum - Welcome Centre :: Erepublik-
Jump to: