eCzech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Absolutely (UEFA) have been concerned

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chickengold92

Absolutely (UEFA) have been concerned Empty
PostSubject: Absolutely (UEFA) have been concerned   Absolutely (UEFA) have been concerned I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:39 pm

"Absolutely (UEFA) have been concerned - had we not made the change I would have had concerns," Wembley Stadium chairman David Bernstein told The Associated Press on Thursday. "I am sure UEFA are happy now. We have had great plaudits from top league managers and players that we weren't getting before.

"I can look forward to the Champions League final with complete confidence knowing that the pitch will be A1."

Bernstein said the Desso surface wasn't installed earlier because of concerns it wouldn't regenerate quickly. The Football Association uses Wembley often - including for music concerts - to recoup some of the 800 million pound (then $1.57 billion) cost.

"Rather than ripping up the pitch and putting a new one down, this has to self-generate, the grass has to grow," Bernstein said. "We were concerned it might take longer than our timetable allowed for that to happen. But in fact we have now tested it with concerts, American football, rugby and it worked extremely well.

"We know now we can fit our timetable around the pitch quite comfortably."

Bernstein was speaking at the stadium after the branding for the final was launched featuring lions gripping onto the European Cup.

pcb repair
Property Manager Gold Coast
Back to top Go down

Absolutely (UEFA) have been concerned
Page 1 of 1